Articles in Commodities

MT Newswires

Market Chatter: Exxon Close to Selling Interest in Iraqi Oilfield; Shares Slightly Higher

China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC) has emerged as the front runner to take over Iraq's West Qurna-1 oilfield from Exxon ( XOM ), according to Reuters. XOM is giving up its stake in the giant... Read >>

MT Newswires

Analyst Actions: Credit Suisse "Neutral" on Northland Resources

Credit Suisse says: "The Swedish Parliament has announced that it will examine the potential construction of a rail extension between NAU's Kaunisvaara mine and Svappavaara - this is a... Read >>

MT Newswires

Gold Prices Hit as Budget Showdown Persists: Report

Gold futures fell Thursday, and silver prices dropped for a sixth straight session, as U.S. budget talks stalled and the Commerce Department raised its estimate of third-quarter growth for the... Read >>

David Sterman

Commodities in 2013: 2 Ways to Cash in on the Increasing Food Demand

As I mentioned before , changing global climate has wrought havoc on the agricultural sector during the past year. Drought in the United States has stunted the yields of many crops, while... Read >>

MT Newswires

Anderson Energy Terminates Agreement to Drill 74 Edmonton Sands Natural Gas Wells

Anderson Energy Ltd. (AXL.TO) continues to focus on its light oil development prospects. The Company has reached an agreement in principle to terminate its commitment to drill 74 Edmonton... Read >>

MT Newswires

AUX Canada Completes Acquisition of Galway

Galway Resources Ltd. (GWY.V) announced the completion of its plan of arrangement with AUX Acquisition 2 S.ar.l, its wholly-owned Ontario subsidiary, AUX Canada Acquisition 2 Inc., Galway... Read >>

MT Newswires

Canada Stock Market Down 40 Pts On Lower Gold Prices, Uncertainty About U.S. Budget Talks

Canadian stocks are down around 40 points but at least are two dozen points higher than session lows hit early afternoon on lower gold prices and uncertainty about progress in U.S. budget... Read >>

Benzinga

Mid-Day Market Update: Steelcase Boosts, Greenbrier Drops

Midway through trading Thursday, the Dow traded up 0.12 percent to 13,267.20 while the NASDAQ fell 0.06 percent to 3,042.86. The S&P also rose, increasing 0.18 percent to 1,438.25. ... Read >>

MT Newswires

Belvedere Reports Annual Updated Resource Estimate, Commences Drilling Campaign at Hitura Nickel Mine; Shares Up 25%

Belvedere Resources Ltd. (BEL.V) has produced its annual resource statement for the Hitura Nickle Mine in Finland. David Pym ( CEO ) comments: "Since the last resource update, the mines... Read >>

MT Newswires

Latin American Markets Mixed As U.S. Budget Talks Continue Unresolved

Latin American markets are mixed late today - with those higher losing gains, and those lower, cutting some losses - with shares unable to establish much direction while U.S. leaders continue... Read >>