Articles in Commodities

MT Newswires

MidEast Stocks Mostly Up, But Dubai Slips on Securities Commodities Authority Crackdown

MidEast shares were mostly higher, but Dubai fell after the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA) said it would crack down on unlicensed margin lending. That prompted some brokers to ask... Read >>

MT Newswires

Asian Shares Decline, Japan Opens Year Lower

Asian stocks fell, with Japan sinking on its first trading day of the year. Japanese retailers fell after a survey by the Nikkei newspaper revealed that 70% of more than 100 major retailers expect... Read >>

MT Newswires

Mid-Day ETF Update: ETFs, Stocks Skid Lower As Weaker-Than-Expected ISM Services Data Trump Rise in U.S. Factory Orders

Active broad market exchange traded funds at Monday's regular session SPDR S&P 500 ( SPY ) 0.36% Select Financial Sector SPDRs ( XLF ) +0.1%, with a new 52 week high iShares MSCI Emerging... Read >>

MT Newswires

U.S. ECONOMICS: BMO Points to Employment Component of ISM's Reading on Services Sector as Positive Sign for December U.S. Payrolls

With the U.S. Labor Department's report on December nonfarm payrolls just days away, the Bank of Montreal noted the employment component of the Institute for Supply Management's December reading... Read >>

MT Newswires

Midday Update: Stocks Responding Badly To Weak Services-Sector Activity

A modest slowdown in the U.S. non manufacturing sector amplified by a dramatic drop in new orders has stocks into negative territory, with all three of the major market indices in the red.... Read >>

MT Newswires

U.S. ECONOMICS: CIBC On Earlier Factory Orders, ISM Non-Manf

Canadian bank CIBC (CM.TO, CM) admits to "a bit" of a disappointment in the ISM services index for the U.S. in December, but says it's not one that's likely meaningful in terms of its... Read >>

MT Newswires

Stocks Head South After Weak Services-Sector ISM Report

A modest slowdown in the U.S. non manufacturing sector, amplified by a dramatic drop in new orders pushed stocks into negative territory, with all three of the major market indices in the red.... Read >>

Martin Tillier

Packaging Stock Picks

I hate to agree with consensus, but sometimes after an honest assessment of prospects I find myself doing so. Thus, for 2014, I have joined the crowd and expect to see around a 10-15% gain in the... Read >>

MT Newswires

TSXV Top 10 Percentage Gainers Mid-Morning

Here are the top 10 percentage gainers on the TSXV mid morning. 1. Orex Exploration Inc (OX.V), 2 cents, +0.01, +100% 2. Mira Resources Corp (MRP.V), 1 cent, +0.005, +100% 3. Mountain China... Read >>

MT Newswires

ETF Preview: ETFs, Futures Mixed to Lower Ahead of ISM Services, Factory Orders Data; Senate to Vote on Yellen's Nomination as New Fed Chair

Active broad market exchange traded funds at the close of Friday's regular session SPDR S&P 500 ( SPY ) 0.02% iShares S&P 500 ( IVV ) 0.07% PowerShares QQQ ( QQQ ) 0.72% iShares Russell... Read >>