Articles in Commodities

DailyFX

Gold, Copper Rise as Bernanke Cools QE Cutback Bets

7/11/2013, 7:12 am from DailyFX in Investing, Commodities

Gold and copper prices are rising after Ben Bernanke cooled QE cutback speculation, boosting risk appetite and rebooting demand for anti fiat assets. Talking Points Gold, Silver Launch Recovery as… Read More

Benzinga

Benzinga Market Primer: Thursday, July 11: Futures Rise After Bernanke Speaks

7/11/2013, 6:38 am from Benzinga in Investing, Bonds, Commodities, Futures, International

Futures Higher On Dovish Bernanke U.S. equity futures rose sharply as a speech from Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke after the close Wednesday was much more dovish than expected. The comments… Read More

Kitco

P.M. Kitco Metals Roundup: Gold Ends Sharply Higher As Bulls Gain Some Technical Momentum

7/11/2013, 2:51 am from Kitco in Investing, Commodities

Thursday July 11, 2013 1 44 PM (Kitco News) Gold prices ended the U.S. day session sharply higher Thursday and hit a two week high near $1,300.00. The precious metals and the rest of the market… Read More

Kitco

Rising Lease Rates Show Demand For Physical Gold Remains Strong

7/11/2013, 2:49 am from Kitco in Investing, Commodities

Thursday July 11, 2013 1 11 PM (Kitco News) Although investor demand for gold remains weak, retail investors and industries continue to pay a premium to buy the physical metal now. On Tuesday, one… Read More

Kitco

Metals Surge On Reassessment Of QE After Bernanke Comments

7/11/2013, 2:47 am from Kitco in Investing, Commodities

Thursday July 11, 2013 10 47 PM (Kitco News) Metals are sharply higher across the board led by copper and silver as market participants re evaluate whether the Federal Reserve will start taking… Read More

Kitco

A.M. Kitco Metals Roundup: Gold Sharply Higher On Bernanke Boost, Plummet In U.S. Dollar Index

7/11/2013, 2:47 am from Kitco in Investing, Commodities

Thursday July 11, 2013 8 37 AM (Kitco News) Gold prices are sharply higher Thursday and hit a fresh two week high near $1,300.00 in overnight trading. The precious metals and the rest of the… Read More

EconMatters

Oil Myths & Why WTI Is a Short

7/10/2013, 9:47 pm from EconMatters in Investing, Commodities, Economy, Futures

The Cushing Myth   "Going along with 'drill, drill, drill' is now 'ship, ship, ship,' " said John Kilduff, energy analyst with Again Capital.” The bottleneck… Read More

Benzinga

Market Wrap for Wednesday, July 10: Stocks Whipsaw Around FOMC Minutes, But Finished Nearly Unchanged

7/10/2013, 4:24 pm from Benzinga in Investing, Bonds, Commodities, Futures, International

Trading on Wall Street was choppy around an afternoon release of the minutes from the most recent FOMC meeting on Wednesday, but by the close, the major averages were mostly unchanged. The FOMC… Read More

Minyanville

Crude Oil Now Testing Major Resistance

7/10/2013, 4:00 pm from Minyanville in Investing, Commodities

The following are the latest daily summaries of my ongoing intraday coverage, providing context to interpret price action. Any prices listed are for a contract's current "front month."… Read More

StreetAuthority

The Biggest Gold Prediction Of The Year

7/10/2013, 2:00 pm from StreetAuthority in Investing, Commodities

Whenever I'm faced with a major change in my opinion regarding the market's long term direction, I think of the English punk band the Clash.  In particular, the 1980s hit "Should I Stay or… Read More